Web Hosting: Terms of Service | Acceptable Use Policy
Domain Names: Registration Agreement | Transfer Agreement
Website Services: Terms of Service
Domain Names - Transfer Agreement
WebCitz's policy on transfer of sponsorship of registration between registrars
For each instance where a registered name holder wants to change its registrar for an existing domain name (i.e., a domain name that appears in a particular top-level domain zone file), WebCitz requires:
- Express authorization to initiate the transfer process from an individual who has the apparent authority to legally bind the registered name holder (as reflected in the database of losing registrar).
- In instances when the registrar of record is being changed simultaneously with a transfer of a domain name from one party to another, WebCitz also requires submission of appropriate authorization for the transfer. Such authorization shall include, but not be limited to, one of the following
- a bilateral agreement between the parties;
- the final determination of a binding dispute resolution body; or
- a court order.
- Instances when the requested change of sponsoring registrar may be denied include but are not limited to
- situations described in the Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy;
- a pending bankruptcy of the Registered Name holder;
- dispute over the identity of the Registered Name holder; and
- request to transfer sponsorship occurs within the first 60 days after the initial registration with the Registrar.
Updated November 2021